Ask the professionals about animal communication.
Learning animal communicators have lots of questions. This page is designed to help answer some of those queries, courtesy of experienced professional communicators (thank you!).
IF YOU ARE A LEARNER WITH A QUESTION relating to better understanding how animal communication works, you can submit that using the form in the sidebar. It will appear on this page, as will the professional response when answered. You can also receive automatic alerts when a question is answered by using the link below the submission form.
IF YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATOR and would like to help students with an answer, click the link "Answer this Question" at the end of the query of your choice on the right. Be sure to include your full name and website URL, as well as your photo if you wish this to be included. Also, if you offer a different perspective on any of the answers already posted below, your wisdom is welcome!
1. HOW DO I KNOW IF I AM TRULY HEARING, FEELING, AND SEEING MY COMMUNICATIONS WITH ANIMALS OR IF I AM MAKING IT UP? — J. C., OREGON
2. HOW LIKELY IS IT FOR FIVE DIFFERENT PEOPLE OF SIMILAR EXPERIENCE LEVELS TO ASK THE SAME SET OF QUESTIONS TO AN ANIMAL AND ALL RECEIVE SIMILAR ANSWERS?
— ALLISON, FLORIDA
3. HOW CAN I FEEL MORE SURE AND PROFICIENT WHEN COMMUNICATING? I TOOK A BASIC ONLINE COURSE A YEAR AGO. I TRY TO PRACTICE INTUITIVELY, SIMPLY, AND FROM THE HEART, BUT I FEEL AT THIS POINT I SHOULD BE HEARING MORE CLEARLY OR COMMUNICATING MORE PROFICIENTLY. THE CONVERSATIONS I HAVE NEVER FLOW. I JUST GET A FEW IMAGES AND WORDS. I HAVE A LOT OF DOUBT AND IT'S ALSO HARD TO SEPARATE FROM EVERYDAY WORK STRESS. HOW CAN I OVERCOME THIS?
— L.M., AZORES, PORTUGAL
4. HOW DO YOU CULTIVATE THE ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE WITH ANIMALS "IN THE MOMENT" LIKE WHEN YOU'RE ON TV OR THE RADIO OR AT A CLIENT'S HOME? I CAN COMMUNICATE WHEN FOCUSED AND IN A QUIET SPACE, JUST NOT "LIVE."
— MARIE M., CALIFORNIA, USA
5. WHEN COMMUNICATING WITH AN ANIMAL TELEPATHICALLY IN-PERSON, WHY IS IT THAT OFTEN THE ANIMAL DOESN'T APPEAR TO BE PHYSICALLY AWARE OF THE CONVERSATION? — JASON, BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA
6. WHAT, IN YOUR OPINION, IS BETTER: TO BE GIVEN AS MUCH INFORMATION ABOUT THE ANIMAL AND THEIR ISSUES BEFORE COMMUNICATION OR DO YOU PREFER TO LET THE ANIMAL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT? HOW DO EACH OF THESE POSSIBILITIES AFFECT THE COMMUNICATION? — ADA, SPAIN
7. I HAVE RECENTLY STARTED GETTING BACK TO DOING COMMUNICATIONS AND I USED TO HEAR A VOICE WHEN CONNECTING SO I THOUGHT ONE OF MY CLAIRS WAS CLAIRAUDIENCE, AS IT WAS MY STRONGEST. NOW I DON'T HEAR, BUT SEE, KNOW, AND FEEL. IS THIS A NATURAL OCCURRENCE AS I STEP BACK INTO ANIMAL COMMUNICATION?
— MARCIA, CYPRUS
8. I'VE OFTEN HEARD COMMUNICATORS SPEAK OF "FEELING" THE ENERGY OF AN ANIMAL TO KNOW THAT THEY ARE CONNECTED. I NEVER "FEEL" ANYTHING. WHEN I'M READY TO COMMUNICATE, I GO THROUGH A ROUTINE OF STATING MY INTENTION AND THEN START INTRODUCING MYSELF. I'M NEVER REALLY SURE THAT I'M CONNECTED UNTIL THE ANSWERS START COMING IN. IS THERE A WAY TO TUNE INTO THAT ENERGY OR ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS TO KNOW THAT YOU'RE CONNECTED BEFORE BEGINNING A COMMUNICATION? — ELIZABETH, CANADA
9. ANY TIPS FOR COMMUNICATING WITH AN ANIMAL IN SPIRIT? I’M DRAWN TO ONE IN THE PRACTICE ROOM, BUT HAVE NEVER TRIED BEFORE. — T. SMITH, SWINDON, UK
10. SOMETIMES THE ANIMAL I'M TRYING TO COMMUNICATE WITH IS RELUCTANT TO TALK TO ME, FOR EXAMPLE MY OWN DOG. DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS TO MAKE THE ANIMAL FEEL SAFE AND MORE COMMUNICATIVE? — ADA, SPAIN
11. ANIMAL COMMUNICATION OFTEN FEELS LIKE AN INVISIBLE PROCESS AND THE QUALITY AND AMOUNT OF INFORMATION THAT COMES THROUGH FEELS OUT OF MY CONTROL, LIKE I AM STUCK WITH WHATEVER COMES THROUGH AND THERE'S NO WAY TO UPGRADE THAT EXPERIENCE LIKE I WOULD BE ABLE TO WHEN WORKING ON OTHER SKILLS, LIKE LEARNING A SPORT, FOR EXAMPLE. HOW DO I INCREASE ACCURACY AND CONTROL?
— JAMES, CHICAGO
12. IF I WANT TO CONNECT WITH A RESCUE ANIMAL TO ASSIST WITH THEIR UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT’S HAPPENING AND THE HUMANS’ INTENTIONS, I WOULD OF COURSE ASK THE ANIMAL’S PERMISSION. DO I NEED TO ASK THE RESCUE’S PERMISSION TOO? SPIRITUALLY I DON’T THINK I DO, BUT ETHICALLY? — LAUREN, UK
13. IF I AM USING A PHOTO TO CONNECT, HOW DO I KNOW I AM CONNECTING TO THE ANIMAL IN ITS CURRENT STATE RATHER THAN THE ENERGY IT IS PORTRAYING IN THE PHOTO? (SOMETIMES THE EXPRESSION AND CHARACTER IN THE PHOTO CAN SWAY YOU)
— AASHA, INDIA
14. WHEN I SPEAK WITH AN ANIMAL, I REALLY BELIEVE AND TRUST THAT EVERYTHING THAT I AM RECEIVING IS REAL AND NOT MY IMAGINATION. BUT THEN I CHECK THE ANSWERS WITH THE GUARDIAN OF THE ANIMAL AND DISCOVER ONLY HALF OF THEM ARE TRUE. WHAT IS HAPPENING? WHY ARE HALF THE ANSWERS WRONG? IS IT MY IMAGINATION INTERFERING IN OUR CONVERSATION OR WAS THE WHOLE CONVERSATION INVENTED AND I GOT HALF RIGHT BY CHANCE? — SUSANA, SPAIN
15. BEFORE I BECAME A COMMUNICATOR, I RESCUED ANIMALS, AND SO IT'S HARD SOMETIMES FOR ME TO LET MYSELF DEEPED TO REALLY CONNECT WITH THE ANIMALS BECAUSE IT HURTS AND I TEND TO CRY WHEN I GET THAT SENSATION. HOW CAN I OVERCOME THESE FEELINGS? — J. GARCIA, COLUMBIA
Watch Ask the Pros — Live! with Canadian animal communicator, Keri Davis:
Watch Ask the Pros — Live! with California animal communicator, Lisa Larson:
Watch Ask the Pros — Live! with UK animal communicator, Sarah-Jane Le Blanc:
Questions Awaiting Answers:
"Sometimes I find myself crying when talking with animals. It's a feeling that is hard to describe, but I think it's because I feel very touched with the amount of love they have for their humans. Does this indicate that I'm doing it right? Is this something normal?"